C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Good Excuse

"Reset, readjust, restart and refocus as many times as you need to." 

I'm excited to dig ease my way in the studio and get back to some creative projects. I'm revisiting a batik piece I made more than a year ago and reinventing part of it for something for my sister-in-law Alyson's new home. It's a very simple project....and I'll report on it when it's done....but today it's just about adding texture to the fabric with simple top stitching.  And it's really just a good excuse to post this colorful photo with my thread choices.

I stitched it onto some very lightweight flannel because I didn't want to add bulk....the hum of my sewing machine is music to my ears! 
I've always said....stitching changes everything....giving the piece a little texture, interest, and definition. Or at least that's what I tell myself.


I posted about the batik piece here: 

4 comments:

  1. Oh, those colors! I just love the vibrancy of them and can't wait to see the outcome. Your sister-in-law will be so happy with this gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes....aren't the colors fabulous! The project is a super simple one....I just put it in the mail today.

      Delete