C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Back to Batiks

"Somewhere over the rainbow skies are blue...and the dreams that you dream of really do come true."



I'm getting back to a full spectrum batik sewing project I started in early January.  I set aside when I started the online Fabulous Florals class and the winter became all about painted paper and collage. So it sat.....until now.

This is where I left it the back in January.....just finishing the oranges and golds.

And this is where it is today.  I worked my way through the greens, teals, and aquas....and am heading into the blues and indigos...then on to the purples and violets.  

I am hoping to make it into some sort of art piece for the condo.  I may end up cutting it apart and rearranging a bit....but for now I'm going to keep adding to these long landscape rows and see how it looks.  I love getting back to batiks...and I love all this color!
It looks like stained glass when I held it up to the light. 


And when you look at the whole thing you can see all the "oops" moments that can only be seen in the light. I'm trying not to have seams line up....but here you can see all that do....that's what happens when you just wing it. I think they'll just fade away once I topstitch.


Day 9 of Another 100 Days.....using some darker blues....and orange, the complimentary color of blue.

2 comments:

  1. Simply Beautiful! Your batik palette is great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elle.....my favorite fabric in my favorite palette!

      Delete