C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, January 2, 2020

Tried and True

I was nudged by this image on Instagram.....so started my batik project today.  



After some fiddling and experimenting with patterns and blocks....I ended up with tried and true simple strips.  I want this piece to be somewhat of a landscape so working horizontally made the most sense.  I started in the middle with the focal point reds, oranges, and golden yellows....and I'm just starting to add purples.  Right now it's about 40 inches wide so it's going to be a big piece....maybe 30 x 40ish. I"m looking forward to moving into some other colors....but it's a good start!




As I browsed through cami.loves.color's other Instagram posts....this one made me smile.  I guess I love colors too.





No comments:

Post a Comment