C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, January 27, 2020

Is It Possible...

....that a little curly twig could be one of my favorite possessions?  

Well...that may be a bit of a stretch but I do love this little gem.  Maybe not quite as much as this barn board it's sitting on from the family farm in Wisconsin.  Yes, other side is red.



I think Paul or I found it on a walk along the shore somewhere in South Portland.  There is a little weak spot....so I don't handle it much.  It sits on a shelf in my dining room with a few seed pods and a collection of tiny little pottery vessels. There's a tiny vase on the far right made out of stone. The shelf sat empty for a while after the Christmas decorations came down and I finally put it back together today.


I have a vast collection of seed pods...many of them are in Maine. At some point I hope to get the whole collection together in one place.  I love my natural found treasures!

I just remember I did this arrangement back when I took the Consciously Creative class.  It features many of my seed pods and other nature finds....all displayed on the other side of the barn board.

I can honestly say that online journey with 5ftinf changed the way I see and appreciate the world.  Forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment