C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, January 13, 2020

Keeping it Light

I love hearing stories about creative ways people connect. This story made me giggle out loud and I knew immediately I wanted to share it here.

Anita, her two daughters, and a couple of friends had a contest....or more accurately a race over the holidays. And as I understand....it was cutthroat. They called it "The Great Amaryllis Race of 2019."

They each bought an amaryllis bulb....gave it a name like Proud Mary and Minerva.....and the race for the first bloom was on.  They posted their progress and comments on a shared photo page talking smack, chatting, and just being silly and having fun along the way.  At one point Anita tried to trick the others when she sent a photo of a blooming amaryllis she saw at a party. The others weren't fooled.

I love EVERYTHING about this!  It was a wonderful way for them to connect over the holidays...keeping it real and keeping it light during a season that sometimes can be a little overwhelming.

Anita's amaryllis is in full bloom right now and is just beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment