C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Winter Finds

We commented while we were walking this morning how winter can be dreary and brown.  But we also talked about how winter allows you see things that you might miss when everything is lush and green.....these are some of my winter finds.

I love seed pods....especially ones like these I've not noticed before.

 

I couldn't help but bring a few home for my collection in my improvised baggie.


Winter blooming witch hazel is one of my favorite finds....it looks like it belongs in a Dr. Seuss book.  This one was a completely different color than the one I posted about a few days ago  and is a nice pop of color in the brown winter landscape.

                                                                           
 



I've been watching a Juniper near my house waiting for the berries to turn this bright blue.  I learned today that Juniper berries aren't very tasty which is why wildlife mostly leave them alone.  But they do provide food for desperate birds in the winter.


I was pretty happy with my winter finds today.


No comments:

Post a Comment