C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Tutorial Tidbit

The new lessons and videos are out today for the Fabulous Florals class...and this week we are finally printing the collage papers. I played around some last week...but really wanted to wait to share until I had the lessons so I could improve and learn new techniques.  I won't get back to Maine and my supplies until Thursday....so much more to come on that later in the week.

While I was patiently waiting I put to use a "Tutorial Tidbit" I learned from Elizabeth from one of her short Youtube videos where she shares tips and tricks.  I have quite a supply of specialty papers that I've collected over the years...embossed, metallic, textured, and even glittery. Elizabeth suggests painting them with fluid acrylic paint which is colorfast and will not fade.  Not only do you get the color you want, but they have more character and a handmade quality.

I watered down the paint on a paper plate and either painted it on with a big brush...or used a makeup sponge and smeared across the paper.  I may go back and give some little more color variation and texture. Some of these papers were already a color and the paint just enhanced it and sometimes changed it and other papers were white or cream to start. The metallic elements resist the paint.

The one on the left was cream...now it's a a few shades of rosy pink with little gold flowers and the one below started off as a very light aqua blue...now it's a rich blue with gold dots. There are so many uses for these!




No comments:

Post a Comment