C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, January 11, 2020

Reasons To See The Principal

My friend Anne sent me a progress update on her Fun-A-Day cathedral window project.  She's right on schedule and doing great! Thanks Anne!

 

I came across another hand made stamp....this time two different sized circles on each end of a cork.  I'm kind of chuckling because the actual ends of the cork could have done the same thing.  I can't even remember what I used it for but I like the fact that the hand carved circles are a little more organic and not so perfect. Maybe it will be useful in the class.

 

Notice the bandage?  I pulled a muscle in my left thumb....and when I do certain things it's quite painful.  It's unbelievable how much I use it....I've just taken it for granted all this time.  I'm trying to give it stability with the bandage while it heals. 

My fingers look all gooey in the pictures because I did a background collage on a paint panel for a Fabulous Florals painted paper collage. I may go over it with a light wash of paint to soften it a bit.  I primed the 8x8 board with gesso then collaged the papers with soft gel medium.

My plan is to prepare several boards in different ways so I'm ready to roll.


I found this checklist for "reasons you have to see the principal".....thought it was pretty funny.  What in the world is an unexcused illness? 



I also collected a few of my commercial stamps that might be useful to create textures on the painted papers.  I really have NO idea at this point...I'm just shopping the studio!  I think I have "JOY" covered!  

No comments:

Post a Comment