C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, January 4, 2020

More Tried and True

This was one of those days I was glad to have a blog post draft to fall back on.  My day kind of got away from me and I thought this post was worth finishing up and sharing. 

There's nothing more simple...and nothing more tried and true than basic circles and squares....especially when you have punches that do most of the work for you.  

I punched up a greeting card into 6 squares and heavy gold foil wrapping paper into 6 large circles. With wrong sides together I folded the circle around the square.  Simple as that....just a bit of glueing and I had a Christmas card to send.
Normally I would glue the circle edges down...but I really liked the way the foil popped up creating interesting dimension.  
For this one I used a variety of recycled Christmas cards. 
I used the same technique in a shared art journal several years and ago.....you can read about that here.  I used punched watercolor squares and blue paper circles.  Here I did glue down the circle edges....and I outlined them with a black sharpie.  This technique is very similar to the cathedral window quilt square.
And.....I went back to my tried and true mosaic tile technique with Margie's coloring squares and made two more cards to go with her notecard Christmas present.

The coloring pages are punched from a smaller square punch and glued onto lightweight black card stock...then re-punched with a larger square. It looks like you've done a lot of fussy cutting....but it's just punched and re-punched squares.  A tried and true process I'll use again and again.




No comments:

Post a Comment