C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Cheery Masks

"In the rush to return to normal, use this time to consider which parts of normal are worth rushing back to."  Dave Hollis

I had to smile when my son Sam posted this picture on his Instagram page.  He's tapping into his colorful supply of bandannas that he gets in his Christmas stocking every year and said he's trying to be "cheery" while out and about in a mask.

I'm working on another pile for Margie's senior living facility....as of this evening I've made another dozen.
 I made some that were a little more neutral on one side....


and cheery on the other.


And I found some cheery fabric for a mask for Margie.

One side is a little wild but it has two of her favorite symbols....a peace sign and the world.  The other side will be a simple aqua pattern.  Cheery....don't you think?



And here's day 6, 7, and 8 of Another 100 Days.  I'm enjoying this daily sewing practice....and I think these are pretty cheery too!  As a matter of fact I've been spending quite a bit of time sewing and have even gotten back to a project that has been patiently waiting since January.  More on that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment