C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, April 25, 2020

Afterglow

I have to start this post with this peaceful morning scene from the gazebo at Parsons Pond.  The glassy mirror image was just magical.



Another birthday behind me....and so much to celebrate as I bask in the afterglow.  But I'll have to say that this homemade card from Margie is way up there on the list of favorite things.

She cut up one of her coloring pages, arranged the daffodils into this charming little bouquet and turned it into a card with a clever birthday wish on the inside.  I know Margie well enough to know that arts and crafts are not her favorite thing....so it was a true gift of love....and I LOVE everything about it! Thanks Margie!
My sister Marilyn sent a fun box with treats and this colorful puzzle.

Thank goodness it's only 100 pieces because it looks Cra-Z-Difficult. But I had to chuckle when I saw age 6+ on the box so I think this 61 year old can handle it....and I'm looking forward to it.

And I couldn't love the colorful stork scissors more! 
Thanks Marilyn!


The scissors were wrapped in some tissue and tied up with strip of pink polka dotted fabric....which was the starting point for today's Another 100 Days square.  I like the wacky contrast....and this particular one just makes me happy.

And this was yesterday's:



My sister Nancy texted me this picture of her bloodroot which just started blooming....it's such a sweet flower.  I love how it pushed its way through the green leaves.  
Mine are coming along...slow but sure and I was excited to see at least 4 little spouts.  I drove back to Lexington this evening for a few days....so Paul will have to keep an eye on it and keep me posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment