C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Life Of Its Own

It was new day....and my "want to do" list was even longer than yesterday....one thing at a time. Who am I kidding...I actually have at least 10 things going....and have to step over piles as I go from one project to another.  As a quote I saw recently says....My housekeeping (and studio) is best described as "There appears to have been a struggle."

Starting last night about 8:00....I got on the mask making bandwagon after an e-mail request from Margie's senior living facility.  I've got 10 done and several cut out so far....and I'll keep going in between other projects.

Anita hooked me up with a simple pattern....they are double sided with an extra layer of cotton lining on the inside.  And thanks to a box of hand-me-down sewing supplies from Isabelle from the church I actually had a little elastic here in my studio.                                                                                    
 
This little project evolved over several days and kind of took on a life of its own.  It ended up being a process of trial and error....but I'm pretty happy where I landed.

It started with an experiment incorporating torn papers from my Gudrun's World catalog into my painted paper gardens....then had the idea of doing a rainbow wreath.  I didn't draw a circle and I started too high on the paper....so my greens were scrunched at the top...and my circle was a little wonky. At this point it was so so.


I think the addition of the grassy green paper was a good idea....don't you think? 
But after the layers of paper and glue...the watercolor paper was looking a bit grungy.  


So I painted over it with a blue wash.....and didn't like it al all.


Then I painted over it with white....nope....still not happy.  
And that shape....just not working.


I paused...and did other things but did play with it a bit digitally....
this didn't feel right either.


Finally....and mostly out of frustration I cut it out this morning.....ahhhhh....I can work with this. 
And I was able to shape it up a bit making it more balanced.


And it took on a whole new life sitting on an old book page.
Everything looks good sitting on an old book page.


No comments:

Post a Comment