C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, April 26, 2020

Speed Bump

"The first ones to map the stars also knew to map the dark places in between, because they saw the world as it was, whole & alive & every path you take is never only one thing, but always threading between the known & the unknown, between where you are going & what you imagine that to be." Brian Andreas

What a difference 10 days and 100 miles makes. I've been at the condo for the past 10 days but drove the 100 miles back to Lexington last evening.  I took a morning walk and was quite taken how much further along spring is here as compared to Portland.

Here are some of my favorite shots.




This particular photo seems to be the perfect metaphor right now....the absolute beauty and promise of spring and the reality of the massive bump in the road.
I was quite taken with this view....
the yellow and red tulips to match the house and the contrasting pop of pink.








I settled in while streaming the church service and stitched the next row onto my cathedral window quilt.....and my new stork scissors worked perfectly. It's ready for the insert row of colors....then one more row to go! 



Day 20 of Another 100 Days






No comments:

Post a Comment