C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, April 22, 2020

A Splash of Color

If there's anything that's been more clear to me during this crisis it's how connected we all are.....and these colorful interlocking circles are my way of illustrating that.  For better or worse....the catchy phrase "we're all in this together" couldn't be more true.

I follow artists from all over the world and many of them are painting, printing, knitting, and posting rainbows as a way of lifting us up. So I'll send this off into the world somewhere as my way of sharing some color and lifting someone up.

And speaking of a splash of color....I added the last rows of indigos and purples to my batik project....and taped it to the patio door.

I think this view in the light is so beautiful....it might be really cool printed on a wrapped canvas. hmmmm







I hate to say it but I do think I'm going to chop it up because I think there's too much going on for the art piece I have in mind....and there are parts that didn't work out as well as I would have liked.  But the good thing is I'll probably be able to make several art pieces out of this particular splash of color.


No comments:

Post a Comment