C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Tucked Away

"Tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today."  African Proverb

I love grape hyacinth....and these are right up the street.

At the beginning of April I found this container of hosta I tucked away in the garage for the winter. I had totally forgotten about it....and it was patiently waiting for light and water as it was struggling to sprout.

I put it out on the back patio....watered it well, and let the sun and the rain do what they do best.

I know intellectually that perennials go through a dormant stage in the winter. But I'm also sure it's a little miracle that every spring they wake up after their long winter's rest....even if they were forgotten about in a dark garage.
I'm happy to report that almost a month later they're doing well.
Thank you Mother Nature!


This sweet little message was tucked away in a tree trunk...and it and the hyacinths were the inspiration for today's quilt square.



Be you!



No comments:

Post a Comment