C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, April 23, 2020

So Many Blues

This view on our morning walk made me pause....between the house, the fence, the car, and the sky there were just so many blues. I plugged the photo into the Palette Builder to identify them all. 

Speaking of blues....I'm on day 17 of my Another 100 Day Project and I laid them out on the floor so I could get a sense of how it was looking. I'm still not sure how I'm going to arrange them....I need more before I figure that out. Some blocks are better than others....and I do like when there's a little more of a contrast in the colored centers.


I added in a bit of yellow as a contrasting color in today's block ....I think it adds interest. So I'll pay a little more attention to that and a better balance of light and dark blues. I also can balance the blues when I add extra strips for sizing.

It will all work out in the end....it's a scrap quilt after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment