C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, December 3, 2021

Christmas Moments

Follow your soul....it knows the way.

After my sister Angie died last winter my other three sisters, Marilyn, LaVonn and Nancy made the trip to Missouri in the spring to clean out her house. Because of COVID, I wasn't able to go.  But as I shared in April, my sisters scooped up things they thought I would love and all sent me a box of Angie things for my birthday. That meant a lot to me. The links to those sister posts are at the end of this one.

One of the surprises in LaVonn's box was one of Angie's tiny wooden Nativity sets.....a true work of art. The tallest figure is just 3 inches tall....and each part that's a different color is a seperate piece of wood.  Look closely and wrap your head around those intricate cuts for just a minute.  Angie's talents were vast....and amazing and she is dearly missed.

Years ago Paul and I bought one of these Nativity sets from Angie that was a little larger as a gift for Margie and Dave....I've written about it before.  You can see it here in this post....along with my favorite Nativity drawing by my son Nate:  https://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2020/12/nativity.html

I love to create little Christmas moments on my shelves. A few pine branches and berries here and there add a nice touch of Christmas. 
This little elf is a favorite....and I love the the Christmas inchie piece on the easel  that Ellen made.


I found this cross stitch at a consignment store on a creative excursion with Linda and Anita.  Being out and about with them is always fun....and finding this work of art was just a bonus.  I love the soft colors and simple design....but the best thing about it is that it was done in 1981....the year Paul and I were married.


Inspired by the little red truck on my shelf....I have to add this photo as seen on a morning walk.  Lots of Christmas moments happening out there too.




No comments:

Post a Comment