C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, December 25, 2020

Nativity

"For unto us a child is born."

Today I'm celebrating this Nativity scene made by my sister Angie. The characters are made up of several pieces of wood that are intricately cut, stained or painted, then put back together. It belongs to Margie....and is proudly displayed in her apartment.  We didn't expect Angie to be with us another Christmas....but she celebrated with my sister LaVonn and her family today....and is holding her own.



And just for fun I'm including a photo of this hand drawn Nativity by my son Nate when he was 5....one of my treasures.



No comments:

Post a Comment