C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Complimentary Colors

I keep saying that I haven't decorated in Lexington...but that's not quite true. In addition to the lights on the porch I did a little decorating on my kitchen window sill....one of my favorite spots. It came together from three little stories.

1.  A week or so ago I helped my neighbor at the condo dig out some old boxwood shrubs in the front of her unit....and I saved the good branches and took a few home to Lexington.  

2. When I was packing up my vases and window sill treasures in Lexington I kept out a few blue bottles....Advent blue to be exact. 

3. Paul got a box of fruit and some other goodies from a parishioner and when I pulled out this orange  with the stem still attached Paul said "I bet you're going to watch it shrivel up." It is, afterall, all about the stem....so that's exactly what I'll do.

The orange is especially perfect because it's the complementary color of blue so it's a win win!

 

I've included a couple of my end of fall leaves I found....they are completely dry and very wabi-sabi beautiful.


So it's a "helping a neighbor, wabi-sabi, advent blue window sill"...and it's perfect for this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment