C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, December 20, 2020

Love

The last week of Advent began today....the week of Love.  

I've had this image sitting on the desktop of my computer for quite a while....and it seems like the perfect day to share it.  

All these things are hugely important: hope, joy, compassion, empathy, understanding and unity....but maybe the most important is love.

The artist is Lynn Giunta and I love her inspiring words in happy colors and chunky lettering.  You can check out her Instagram page here.

Amy sent me a photo of the fabric stained glass piece all framed and hanging in place. I think it looks wonderful in the frame and coordinates really well with the other pieces in the corner. You can read more about my process making this piece here in this post.


Amy used an online company that custom makes frames to any size. 

This type is called a floating frame and the canvas piece drops right in.  There's nothing like a good frame to elevate a craft project to a piece of art and I am grateful to Amy and Lisle for taking me on this colorful journey with them.

Another one of Lynn's pieces:



 

No comments:

Post a Comment