C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, December 18, 2020

Another Vintage Christmas

Brenda just got my second 4 x 6 vintage Christmas card.  Trying to add more interest  I experimented with some watercolor dots and splashes in the background. I gave the card a light coat of matt medium then splashed away.  The upside down stamp seemed fitting for my week....I'm glad when other people do things like this....even way back in 1909.

In the end the pencil writing on the original card was a little light so got a little lost in this design.....
but in general I liked the effect of the watercolor.


This was the back side before I stitched.


I usually pull up an image of a pine branch on my computer as a reference for my stitching...you can see it there in the background.

I used striped translucent washi tape for the border this time....and I love the plaid that appeared in the corners where the pieces overlapped. I'm making a mental note of that to use somewhere else!

I stitched a few red stars and added gold dots again....giving it a vintage Christmas glow. 
Next week I'll make one to keep.


There was 19 inches of snow piled up in some places including in front of the door...which I couldn't open. I plowed my way through the snow out the back patio doors for a lovely morning walk.



I thought these tracks were really interesting and couldn't walk through them....I had to go around so they would stay intact. 




No comments:

Post a Comment