C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, December 19, 2020

Beautiful Baubles

"If you choose not to find joy in the snow, you will have less joy in your life but still the same amount of snow." author unknown

Although it doesn't show up in the photo....the surface of the snow was sparkling like diamonds in the morning light. And I always love the long shadows on the snow this time of day...this time of year.

Speaking of sparkle....I got Brenda's 4 x 6 card and I just love it.  As a follow-up to her watercolor circles from the last round she created these beautiful bauble ornaments. 


I love the variety of shapes and the metallic and stardust pen highlights are just perfect. 


I really love them all...but there is something about this round purple one that fades off the edge.....those simple shimmery metallic stripes  are magical.  Thanks Brenda!  
My pile of cards is getting thick....


...and I'm displaying them in the top of an iPhone box. Some day I'll decorate the box....it's the perfect size.


The box has been sitting on my cutting table where I spend a lot of time. It's a source of inspiration and joy and a constant reminder of the importance of a creative daily practice.



No comments:

Post a Comment