C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, December 5, 2020

LOL

I laughed out loud when I found this little snippet in Angie's stash. And doesn't it look important sitting on top of a page from my prized manuscript book?  https://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2020/03/a-good-score.html

Then....just this afternoon Tracie texted me that she had to laugh out loud when she laminated a piece of her hair in a project she was working on....a fun follow-up to yesterday's post.  

It's good we can laugh at ourselves.  And I have to...because "I spill things."

When Paul was going through boxes getting ready for our move he found a whole pile of old work calendars.  He's gone digital but I'm glad he saved the old ones because I discovered the paper has just the right weight and texture for monoprinting on the gelli plate. So I added some of my test page to my little Sketchbook. 

In April of 1989 I was 6 months pregnant with Sam and working as a special education teacher at Deering High School in Portland ME. 

I used one of the pages I ripped out and collaged some of my old stamps for opposite page....and we'll see what ends up in the middle.....someday.


One of the things Laura encourages us to do for the Sketchbook Challenge is to play around with images that we love and manipulate them, draw them....and use them throughout our book.  

I am growing quite fond of the polka dotted pear I wrote about a few days ago...so I played around with it digitally during the ride back to Lexington. The nice thing about digital images is that you can resize them and play around with color and background and transparency. I had taken photos of the pear and a page from the manuscript book as my starting point.



No comments:

Post a Comment