C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, December 14, 2020

The Light

I've been slowly working on a batik fusing project.  When I put the pieces together I try and overlap them just a little bit to avoid waste. As I've said before....fused fabric is precious. To make sure I have all the background covered I hold it up to the light then add pieces to fill in the gaps and soften the transitions. 

Holding it up to the light is one of my favorite parts.  

And my favorite part of this season is the light. Paul and I took a dusky stroll around downtown Lexington yesterday to look at the Christmas lights. It was one of those unusually warm December days and the lights and the sky did not disappoint.  




And I had to take a photo of Paul behind one of the barrel planters in town.  Paul has been a "Fund for Lexington" board member for quite some time.  It's goals are: beautification, assistance to community members in need, and community betterment initiatives. These planters are one of the beautification projects and are scattered all around downtown.  In the summer they are filled with ivy geraniums and festive trees in the winter. Nice work Paul!


The view of Hancock Chuuch across the Green was lovely against the dramatic sky and accented by the lighted tree.


And as we walked home we got a good view of the large bare ginkgo tree (which I'm going to miss)....and a glimpse of my only holiday lights.


I had moved all the Christmas decorations to the condo...but found these lights in the garage that I had used over the years to line the gardens for backyard summer parties.  


I've done this before....hanging them in a tree pattern on the screen porch.  There's no Christmas tree inside...but the neighbors and passersby know that there's still a little Christmas spirit at the church parsonage on Hancock Street.  The lights are always my favorite part!


No comments:

Post a Comment