C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Stillness of the Snow

 "In the falling of the snow there is hope for today, a promise for tomorrow, and peace for the future. For in the stillness of the snow, all things are possible."  Samuel L. Barrett

Every winter I try and work this quote into the blog. I saw it on a Christmas card years ago and it has stuck with me ever since and I used it today on my newest 4 x 6 card. 

I'm still waiting for Becky's round 6 card from last week...I know it's in transit...but this is the week we keep our creations. It would have been really easy to put it off....with Christmas coming and the craziness of getting ready for a move there is so much to do! But I settled in last night and got it started....and finished it up today. It always feels good to create something.

Going with the same theme of pine branches on one of my grandmother's vintage postcards I tried something different...just a simple row of trees.

 

I think I could have done a little better with the design....but it's what I did so I'm telling myself it's just right. Starting over was not an option. This is how far I got last night. I think the little tiny one is my favorite.
Today I added a few glitter glue stars and white paint pen dots and snowflakes.  I used a gold pen along the edge and stitched it onto the index card and added the quote. It's hard to capture how it glistens in a photo....but it is quite sparkly.
If you are new to the blog you can read about how the 4 x 6 exchange got started in this post: http://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2020/08/something-new.html

And you can see all the cards by clicking on the "4 x 6 exchange" label along the side of the blog. All of the posts will come up...starting with the current ones...then in reverse order back to the beginning.

Into the box it went....and I'm already thinking about some ideas for round 7! 
"In the stillness of the snow....all things are possible."


No comments:

Post a Comment