C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Cleanup....

....on aisle 5.

Just last week I thought it might be time to take down my little fall display at the condo before we headed back to Lexington.......it was starting to look a little tired. But I didn't.

This is what we came back to this week.  Cleaning up slippery pumpkin seeds and slime stones is tedious work.


Sketchbook Challenge Update


After I inserted some pages the next step was adding paint.....not my strong suit. But I used some of the techniques Laura recommended and one of my stencils and worked on this particular two page spread. Laura suggested we work patterns into our painting so I'm going with one of my favorite patterns....circles and dots. There will be many more circles and dots to be sure!


The blue piece I stitched in is one of the torn pages I painted...then reattached. The blue was a good addition to the color scheme and I really like some of the textures that presented themselves during the painting process. There are still a lot of techniques to come so  these pages will keep evolving.


The "PROVERBS" image you see was actually on the back of a mono printed book page I attached below. The page was a little flimsy so I added the yellow piece with the window on the other side so "PROVERBS" would show through and reinforce the page

This is the backside looks like....a not so successful oak leaf print....but good for a starting place for these next pages. I think I'm going incorporate more of my leaf prints as collage elements throughout the book.

Collage is the next lesson.

This afternoon I took my pumpkins a little ways into the woods over a little hill where no one would see them so the critters could keep munching. I'm going to try and remember to check it out in the spring and see what's left. In the end...it all becomes soil.



No comments:

Post a Comment