C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, December 10, 2020

Oy!

I got up in time to join Paul on his morning walk. The sunrise wasn't as showy as yesterday...but the sky was beautiful in in a wintery kind of way.


I absolutely laughed out loud when Janice messaged me this Instagram post.....seemed PERFECT for 2020.

It's a different sort of a Christmas season in every way.  It's Paul's last one before he retires....Christmas is a big deal when you're a minister and he and his staff are having to think outside of the Christmas box for this virtual one. 

And we are in a bit of chaos at each place as we get ready for a big move so I made the decision not to decorate. Up until the move in early February my time is precious and it was a big weight off my shoulders to let the decorating go. And I knew that it would make it that much more fun next year.  

We did put up the tree with just the lights....the first time our larger tree from Lexington has been in the condo. A few days ago I posted this photo of our tree in the background with a row of lights out at the bottom.  We decided it was just fine....I just wasn't up for testing the bulbs to try and the culprit. 

Then...while cleaning out a drawer in Lexington I found a small string of lights that I generally used on my buffet in the dining room. Perfect!  I could just fill in the gap.  

It was a few more days before I hooked the lights into the whole unit...so they had to be plugged in separately.  At one point....Paul just plugged in the extra string.  He thought he was pretty funny.....he often is. I laughed out loud.
Just yesterday I hooked them all together so everything would turn on at the same time.....the tree looked so lovely last evening.

But this is what we woke up to today.....another row is out near the middle....and my first thought was OY...and then I laughed out loud. I guess it's just that kind of year....and a few missing lights is just the way it's supposed to be.  I'm OK with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment