C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, December 6, 2021

Road Trip

I took a road trip to Lexington today. I spent the morning with Muffy and Peggy....the afternoon with Anita, Joan, and Amy....and am now overnight with Dave and Anita.  Lexington will always hold a special spot in my heart....so it's good to be back.

I timed it right to catch an exhibit at Gallery Twist in Lexington.....I've written about it many times and it's always a treat. Gillian and John absolutely know how to curate a beautiful show.


I loved this grand centerpiece.....simple eucalyptus branches in a large vase with floating cranberries.  I may try a small version of this at home.....I thought it was quite stunning. 
Anita, Joan and Amy


Anita and I checked out Mahoney's greenhouse late this afternoon and it was fun seeing it in full Christmas bloom.  Tomorrow she and I will do a little fun shopping and I'll head back home later in the day.  A nice change of pace....and it's always good to connect with people you love.




No comments:

Post a Comment