C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, December 27, 2021

Three Scrap Collage

"Things are shockingly possible."    Adam J. Kurtz

I make little 4 x 6 calendars for a few people every year including my friend Becky. Her themes change from year to year.  For 2022 I used the three scrap collage idea I posted about here:  https://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2021/07/patienceand-inspriation.html

I used art snippets from my stash which were mostly a combination of watercolor and gelli prints. I think February was my favorite.



After I glued on the little collage....I stitched around each one.

I posted a little video on my Instagram page: https://www.instagram.com/p/CYATTKppkGY/

4 comments:

  1. (I meant to send this yesterday.) What a great idea, MaryAnne, for putting to good use our watercolor and acrylic fun pieces. I love this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somehow art rejects get a new life when they are cut up. I had a lot of fun with this....and there's more in my future.

      Delete
  2. This calendar is so very cool! I am sure Becky loves receiving these gems each year.

    ReplyDelete