C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, December 13, 2021

Togethery

"Christmas is a togethery sort of holiday," said Pooh. "That's my favorite kind" said Piglet. 

I hosted my stitching buddies this afternoon for happy hour/dinner.....it's always good to be togethery.

That kicked me into gear to finish my sprucing up...including putting together a centerpiece inspired by Gallery Twist in Lexington.  

This was the inspiration....a beautiful large glass bowl filled with cranberries and eucalyptus.  

This is my version....using my small glass bowl.  I already had this fake Christmas sprig on hand and wanted to use is somewhere. I didn't want it sitting right in the water with the cranberries....so I added a separate small vase inside the bowl for the plant so it could stay dry....and it helps hold it upright. The vase also disperses the cranberries so it appears there are more. I'm pretty happy with it. Now...how long will the cranberries last???

Yes....yesterday's large ornament is still on the tree....and when the sun setting in the late afternoon it actually looks lit.  It still makes me laugh.


Because I picked up....I can even do a wide shot.  That's not always the case for me....I'm a bit of a plopper. I've always said I need to have company...or a party once in a while just so I'll pick up and clean a bit. Thank goodness Christmas is a togethery kind of holiday.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, MaryAnn - your home looks beautiful and so festive. The cranberry and holly sprigs bowl is so perfect. I may have to think about creating one next year or maybe even for this January, when we can use a bit of a pick-me-up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Roseanne! I do love the simplicity of the centerpiece....I just hope the cranberries last through Christmas. A January pick-me-up sounds like a good idea.

      Delete