C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, March 12, 2023

Edges

 Beautiful things can happen at the edges of melting. 

Today I experimented with a simple fused fabric square in the middle of the page....

and lettered a quote from Conscious Creativity, by Philippa Stanton around it. I do think it's an idea with promise. 

 I'm not sure if the coloring technique was the right choice to go with the fabric....something simpler would have been better. But that's why I experiment.  And I do really love what stitching adds to a page.


And....one more little watercolored alphabet experiment.  It's a page from a journal....and not watercolor paper so it didn't take the paint all that well.

The colors actually seemed a little flat...so I lightly covered them with colored pencil. Not quite sure it was my vision...but I'm having fun playing around. 

Maybe it needs some writing around the edges for interest....and more shading in the letters.


So before I posted this.....I wrote something around the edges
Yup...it's better.

No comments:

Post a Comment