C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, March 30, 2023

Lilacs Somewhere

It was cold and windy today....not all that pleasant to be outside. But March is often like that....and I'm gearing up....because April can be like that too sometimes.

I took this a few days ago....the pond was so still and the reflections of the trees were as clear as the real thing.  I will welcome the leaves....but I continue to enjoy the bare trees against the very early spring sky.

You know the saying...it's 5:00 somewhere!  Well....my line today is there are lilacs somewhere!  And that somewhere is Texas.  Elaine shared a few spring photos....and her lilac is starting to bloom! How fun!

And look at this amaryllis she planted last fall. I didn't think about the fact that they could go in the ground. I've only known them to be a inside winter thing!  But apparently they can in the south!  Thanks Elaine for sharing your Texas spring with us!


And it's a wrap!  I loved this one....the beautiful quilts of Gee's Bend.

No comments:

Post a Comment