C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, March 13, 2023

More Like Spring

We have more snow...(it might be just rain)...coming overnight into tomorrow....

but I have a few buds ready to bloom. And that looks more like spring than winter....even though they are on a Christmas cactus.  

And the peachy pink matched the morning sky!  It's always take me a little time to transition to daylight savings time....I don't like losing an hour.  But because of the time change we're catching the sunrise again on our morning walks....and that's a good thing.


I made a simple little MacKenzie Childs inspired card for Patty's birthday.  I'm still embracing the versatility of fusing fabrics....there are so many options.

If you remember I helped Patty bling up her cane in the same style.  You can read about it here: https://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2022/12/the-dining-room-table.html

I cut the strips the thickness I wanted...fused them onto the release paper and cut them them the width I wanted all at the same time.  Then I peeled them off and ironed them right onto the card.  I didn't worry about centering them....I just got the left margin at the fold the way I wanted then trimmed up the other sides to match.  I'm not very good at centering....I would much rather trim the card after. My see through rotary cutting ruler is much better at centering.

    

I almost didn't add stitch......but I couldn't help myself and did a row around the outside edge.  I just love what stitching adds...and in this case black thread might have been better.  I wished I would have stitched all the edges....but in the end chose to add the little black dots instead....which gave it a little finishing touch. And now that I look at it again....it also looks a little like spring!  
Happy Birthday Patty!



No comments:

Post a Comment