C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, March 31, 2023

Playing With Birds

Paul's sister Alyson loves birds. Many of the photographs she sends me in our nightly exchanges are of birds....especially in the warmer months. Last December I made this little bird collage for her....and I wrote about it here: https://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2022/12/loving-birds.html

She had given me a bird book when I was visiting....and she chose this little humminbird for a collage.  

And now it's framed and in her bathroom.


Alyson has a birthday coming up next week.  We're not big on gifts....but I wanted to do something a little different for her card this year.  

So I've been playing with birds from the bird book again and I put a little something in the mail today that I hope gets there on time. I don't know if she visits the blog on a regular basis....but I am going to give some sneak peaks over the next few days.
I've not had a lot of time for art....but this is where some of my creative energy has gone recently....and I had fun with it.  The other thing I've been working on is the final booklet for the art trade....and I can't share that until we do our exchange in mid April.  Too many secret projects!  

I was inspired by Susan's accordion book she recently sent me....so I've been working on one for Alyson.  I used cream colored card stock to fold the book....then used my gelli plate to create a textured background.  

Sorry....that's all I'll share for today.  More to come....I've got to spread this out!

No comments:

Post a Comment