C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, March 9, 2023

My Life

Almost every morning I put a handful of dried mealworms in the feeder for the bluebirds...and usually within minutes they come come to get their breakfast. 

This particular male was such a bright blue...I couldn't stop watching him.  He just hung out here for a while....so we kind of bonded. At least that MY story.

I love this morning winter routine with the birds.

And THIS morning....there was a little surprise waiting for me in the path to the woods.....there was no way I could miss it. 


I'm so fascinated with these oak galls. I've found several over the years....and wrote about where they come from in this post: https://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2021/07/concrete-answers.html

As I've written about before....my brother Doug has been playing around with old photographs. 

Using an app he's been adding color to old black and white photos and sharing them on Facebook.  It's been a delight.  

Just recently he sent all of us sisters a custom puzzle with photos of each of us. That means four DIFFERENT collage puzzles.....My puzzle has ME in every photograph...except one of my sister LaVonn that he probably thought was me.  She's just a year older than me....and her birthday is today....so I love having her solo photo in there too.   Bonus points to anyone who can find it.  

I can remember almost all of the moments and events in these photos.  And it's interesting to see so many version of me over the years....perms and overalls....and constant hair challenges. I barely recognize that version of me in the top corner. 

I love that Margie is there a couple times....and of course Paul and the boys....and even my childhood friend Becky. 

My life....in a puzzle. 




This was such a wonderful surprise and gift from my brother...
and I cherish the family photos.....and...that guy in the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment