C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, March 16, 2023

Other Things

I've been doing a few things in the studio....but I really wanted to share a few other things from the past couple of days that have brought me joy.

Janice brought me this sween gerber daisy last weekend....and I'm enjoying it on the puzzle table. And one Christmas cactus bud is just barely starting to open....with three or four that will follow. There is something so hopeful....and comforting about blooms in the house....and I'll be savoring both of these for several weeks.

I was quite taken with this swathe of blue sky yesterday after the storm....especially in contrast to the snow still sticking to the trees. Sunny days have been rare....but there are several in the forecast over the next several days.  I'll take them!

That line between the sky and the clouds was so clear and the blue was so blue!


Then....as the the light disappeared....the sunset was splendid!


And I couldn't help but take a few more shots of the ice on the blue shovel....mostly for Alyson....but I thought I would share one here. I just love these little icy formations.


We've been storing our chairs on the patio under tarps.  

And because we put the ottomans upside down on the chairs...the water, snow and roof runoff constantly pool between the legs.  It's not been too much of an issue....and and to be honest...it's mostly been pretty interesting to see what develops on these spaces.....like today. We've had a lot of melting....and it hovered around freezing overnight so the ripples of water froze in beautiful layers and patterns.
It was really hard to photograph....but it was quite beautiful.




And what's not to love about this colorful puzzle all finished on Margie's board. Doesn't it look like spring? One of the other things that brings me delight....is a day that includes a visit with Margie. She's the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment