C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, March 2, 2023

"See What Emerges!"

 "If you're a little bit stuck and not quite sure what to do. - have a little fling of some paint, make a few marks, and just start stitching.......and see what emerges."  Izzy Moore

Izzy's little Confidence Kickstart project has become a little book.....I think it's kind of fun! 

  

I made the front and back covers out of a second sheet we made on heavier weight paper with a little less stitching. I joined the covers by fusing a piece of fabric as the binding and added a little stitch line on each cover. Then I did a machine blanket stitch around the outer edges.  Finally.....after some fancy folding and glueing of my long piece I attached the cover to the book with gel medium.


I added a few more hand painted fabric dots....and a little "joy" to the cover....
and a little book was born.



It's got three 2 page spreads with those continuous black stitching lines connecting from page to page. No one but me....and now you....know that those black lines started with "joyful."  I can picture those stitching lines being readable words....or a phrase that carries from page to the next. 





Here's the back cover....and I'm pretty happy with what emerged!
Thanks for the kickstart Izzy!

2 comments:

  1. OMGosh! This little booklet journal came out so beautifully cool. Those colors just sing. The stitching makes it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roseanne! It was a fun project with many applications!

      Delete