C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Loving the Birds

If you've been reading along....you know that Paul and I have been loving the birds. We sat on the patio every day this past summer and fall with two sets of binoculars and a bird book determined to get to know our birds.  

Now....I'm aware of them everywhere I go.

I pulled into our driveway a few days ago and this chickadee and finch (I think) were perched on my neighbors hanging basket.  I sat there watching them until they flew away....which was quite a while.  They were jumping here and there looking for things to nibble on.....and it made my heart sing.
I turned the photo into a Christmas text for Anna....she's such a great neighbor!
I have a grateful heart.

When I was in Colorado Alyson gave me a bird book....it originally belonged to Chuck, her brother-in-law...making it extra special.  She wasn't using it and knew I was doing bird collages.....so she thought I should have it.  

 

Alyson chose a tiny humminbird for me to use in a collage for her bathroom....and it may be one of my favorite bird collages yet.  I know Alyson likes a good metallic swirl and her bathroom is decorated with neutrals and soft sagey/bluey greens....so I hope she likes it too.

I did the quick collage on lightweight cardstock using painted paper scraps.....and added the gold swirl with a fineline applicator.

Once the paint was dry....I added the hummingbird, cut it into a 3 x 3 square and stitched it onto a 4 x 4 piece of watercolor paper.  Easy peasy!

I'm kind of smitten with it....and Chuck's book is chocked FULL of tiny little birds so...there WILL be more tiny bird collages. 
I'm loving the birds!

2 comments: