C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, December 7, 2022

4's and 5's

The 4th project in the Creative Circle class was to make a round stained glass piece inspired by stars made starting with the number 4.  We were also encouraged to add circles/berries made using the number 5. 

I added the gold dots with a paint pen.....and had to photograph it at an angle so the dots would catch the light.

Using numbers as a starting place has been so interesting.  It forces us to be a bit wonky....and less predictable. No two stars turn out the same. 

I hooked all the 5's to the stars....and added a little green triangle to give a nod to a little leaf on the berries.  Then I just kept adding lines to connect all the stained glass pieces. It was a lot of fun to paint.

A few days ago after writing about the project going on my dining room table....I got an email from Susan from Scotland with what she's been doing on her table. Susan belongs to a textile group and they have been exploring birds.

Susan also signed up for the Creative Circle class....and this is her stencil wreath using the #3...which she used to frame her cross-stitched bird.
And we both signed up for the same little mini course on making Beautiful Books by Gina Ferrari (I haven't started yet) and Susan made a little book to house all her birds.  Her cover fabric even features a duck.
Here are a couple more birds in her book. Well done Susan!!! Thanks for sharing what was on YOUR dining room table!


I also just got a fabulous card and gift in the mail all the way from England.  After expressing interest in my torn paper flowers I sent a set of directions and a little pile of painted papers to Kate.

She...in turn sent me this lovely JOY card.....  


....and a fun selection of momigami papers she made. Momigami paper is paper that has been kneaded with starch making it soft....and almost fabric like.  It feels incredible. The colors are bright....but muted....and will be fun to find a way to incorporate into an art piece. Thanks Kate!  I love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment