C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, December 29, 2022

Pops of Color

I made another tree....this time one side was blues and greens....with black and white and metallic accents.

The second side is similar to the others......bright and colorful. And this time....I used a star base.

I gifted this tree to Janice today....there are always fun things to see at Janice's. house.

I fell in love with her new wreath. As a matter of fact I had already decided to set aside the baubles on my tree when I take it down and try and make my own ....and seeing Janice's clinched it.  

I have way too many ornaments...so I'll never miss them on the tree.  This year I only put up 1/2 of my ornaments....so my plan is a win win!  We'll see how it goes.

And....nothing but possibilities from this colorful container of goodies.


Janice is working on these fabulous star ornaments......that sweet needlework tree design is amazing.  She will hand stitch around the edges and stuff them a bit. I just love them....and may borrow her pattern.


I also visited Margie....and this fabulous Winter Stamp puzzle was finished on her table and I'm looking forward to doing it too! I love a day that's filled with pops of color.

2 comments:

  1. Those trees bring great colors together. They’re so pretty. You and Janice are kindred art spirits for sure. The stars are perfectly simple. I can picture them scattered around or even loosely stitched garland style. Do you think she’d be willing to share her pattern even wider? Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roseanne! I'm having fun with them. Couldn't agree more about the stars. I'll ask Janice about the pattern....I was just going to wing it by sight. They are so precious! Happy New Year to you too! Here's to creating and connecting in 2023!

      Delete