C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, December 2, 2022

Baubles and Balls


Knowing when to stop is not my strong suit....and someone probably needs to hide my white Posca pen. But this is where I landed today with my Creative Circle project inspired by Esté MacLeod....a joyful abundance of baubles and balls.  I started with watercolor circles in the background....than added embellished gelli print circles on top.


I'll have to think of something fun to do with it....it was just the project I needed!
Thank you Esté! And...there was another lesson today I didn't get to.


It  reminded of this wreath I made back in 2020 which took on a "life of its own"....as I wrote about back in 2020.

I wrote about my process here: https://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2020/04/life-of-its-own.html

Back to baubles and balls....I made good progress today with the Christmas decorating.  And some of my favorite tree decorations continue to be my collection of felt garlands.....many of them balls. (Don't judge me for my storage method.)
I have the base layer on the tree....tomorrow I'll hang the rest of the ornaments.  And these little guys continue to have a spot in my heart....and they are perfect on the puzzle table. I can keep an eye on them....and they on me.


And also on the puzzle table...is my tower of Christmas boxes....

with all kind of fun little things I haven't unpacked yet.  But that will have to wait....tomorrow is another Joyful Puttering day with more baubles and balls!
We spent happy hour this evening with Dana and Anne at The Top of the East in Portland. We had a great view of the sunset....the Portland skyline....and Portland Harbour.  Good time...with great friends.





No comments:

Post a Comment