C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Go Back....

 ....and look closely....very closely.

Alyson and I continue to share a photo or 2...or 4 every evening.  Recently I've been blown away by her snow and ice photos....and commented that I just don't see those ice crystals here.  She replied....you have to get very close...or you'll miss them.

Here are few of my favorite photos Alyson has taken recently:

It's been cold...so I haven't been as loyal as Paul with a morning walk.  But the wind wasn't quite as bad this morning...so I joined him.  As usual...we started by making a loop around the pond.  The sun wasn't fully up yet....so it was kind of dusky and it was just lovely.  


What caught our attention the most were these sunburst shapes in the ice. They were scattered all across the pond....and just beautiful. 

We wondered how they formed.

I took this photo along the shore....fascinated by the frozen bubbles and the wavy designs in the ice.  

And only when I got home and uploaded the photograph did I notice the paramecium like ice crystals around the seed pods.  

I had to go back.

I literally got down on my hands and knees and crawled around at the edge of the pond so I could look very closely.....I was just giddy.







As I was leaving...the sun was a little higher in the sky reflecting just perfectly on the pond.  I'm so glad I went back. 

2 comments:

  1. Your photos are so beautiful! They suggest ideas for some art quilts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Interesting idea....lots of cool shapes here!

      Delete