C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Pausing and Shifting

"Winter Solstice is the great stillness before the sun's strength builds, and days grow longer. It can be a time to rest and reflect."  Found here

Today at 4:48 Eastern Standard time was the moment when there was the least amount of daylight...and the most amount of darkness.  The solstice is sometimes described as a time when the sun pauses for just a moment....then shifts in the opposite direction.  

I love the idea of pausing...and shifting.  A practice I need to do more often as I need to.

I took this photo of the southwestern sky exactly at 4:48. And although it's hard to see....I love the little glimpse we have of our neighbors Christmas tree from the patio.  One of the things I love about the darkness....is I have more appreciation for the special glimpses of the light.


Today for the solstice I'm celebrating this beautiful wreath Tracie painted using stencils she made starting with the number 3....and based on a lesson from the Creative Circle class.  I think it's beautiful. 

Happy Winter Solstice! Remember to pause....and shift...as often as you need to.

Tomorrow there will be a little more light. 

No comments:

Post a Comment