C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, December 1, 2022

Circles

Tis the season for baubles and wreaths....I'll be digging into my collection starting tomorrow.

But a bauble and wreath video post from Esté MacLeod drew me right in....what's not to love about rainbow circles!  I've been following Esté for quite sometime....and she's offering a free 5 day class called "Creative Circle."  

The video post: https://www.instagram.com/p/CleQmOqjc5e/

I enjoy Esté's colorful and creative style....and what's not to love about free.  As I pick away at my decorating over the next several days....I thought why not pause here and there and play with circles.  

 https://www.estemacleod.com/creative-circle-information

There will be 5 lessons at the beginning of the month....then they will be available the rest of December so I can do them at your own pace.  Why not!  I have a lots to do this month....but I'm going to make time for some circles.  

Esté often creates art with letters and numbers as a starting place.  As a matter of fact...if you watch the video link above for the circle wreath you'll see where the secret writing is. 

Here she started with this phrase "MAKE TIME FOR ART" and doodled it into this little village in this video post:  https://www.instagram.com/p/CkCRQVODly4/  It makes me smile every time I watch it.

There is something very calming about painting and embellishing simple circles. I'm adding some gelli print circles to my first wreath.....and it's still very much a work in progress. I think I'll be painting more....I'm a little rusty.

6 comments:

  1. I have been quiet in comments, but I do try to visit and read daily. Life has a way of hijacking my time. Ya know? The circles project looks interesting... and happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elle! I appreciate you following along....and it's OK to be quiet. EnJOY the holiday season!

      Delete
  2. JustCallMeEllie, I am the same way about commenting! Every night before I sleep I read Joyful Puttering! It brings me so much joy, thank you MaryAnn! I realize it must take a lot of thought and time to post daily, I so appreciate the whimsy you bring to my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's makes me happy that there are people who continue to find something here.....that my joy can bring a little joy to someone else. My process for writing is woven into my daily routine...and keeps me paying attention and celebrating the small stuff.

      Delete
  3. I wish I could 'like' the comments. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha! You just did! Blogs are old school.....that's what I love most about them.

      Delete