C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, December 8, 2022

This Moment

As Paul and I were heading out on our walk this morning the full moon was low in the sky over the parking lot. It was muted and bright at the same time....and it was spectacular.....at that very moment.

We tried to follow it (I wanted a better spot to to snap a few photos) but we quickly lost it behind the trees. 

Then we would find it again in an unexpected place between some houses....and even though I could see it with my eyes....it wasn't visible in the viewfinder on my camera screen.  In those moments....I was a bit disappointed.

As I reflected today I realized how silly it was for me to be disappointed. We saw a beautiful full moon and it was spectacular. I was reminded that when I see something that captures my attention...I should pause. I should take a good long look and soak it in....in THAT very moment.  I shouldn't wait for a better moment to come along just to get a better shot.

Here's a second shot from the same spot.....where I played a bit with the lighting on my phone. Do you you see it....the moon is barely visible right in the center above the house.  No....it's not the perfect shot....but it's still a beautiful scene and a good reminder to pay attention in this moment. 


Here's a subtle little Christmas moment in my entry hall.  Just three little trees with a pile of tiny packages. And I just noticed that the fabric piece in the background includes a full moon....making this Christmas moment just perfect for this post.

   

I made the little felted tree years ago....I've always loved it. 

I'm going to pause here as I walk into my home and enjoy the moment I get to be home again.

No comments:

Post a Comment