C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, December 17, 2022

First Snow

"In the falling of the snow there is hope for today, a promise for tomorrow, and peace for the future. For in the stillness of the snow, all things are possible." Samuel L. Barrett.

(This quote shows up here every year around this time.)

We had our first measurable snow......so I did a little exploring this morning....

....and a little playing. I'm calling her Flo.


Not too much left of my bittersweet wreath....but I love how it's catching the snow.

I also love how the snow lands on the fuzzy sycamore seed pods. It's like a little hat.

And I have a nice view of the sycamore tree from the studio window.


I do love the first snow of the season.


I tucked this tiny tree in my sister's birthday box. 
 
I fused cutouts from some Christmas fabric onto wool felt....hand stitched around the edges adding beads as I went along....and finally added a little stuffing and a stand.

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely little tree! Hope you don’t mind I’m going to borrow your idea.
    Enjoy your snow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lily! I put things out there because I WANT people to borrow my ideas. If I can help in any way please let me know. Happy Holidays!

      Delete