C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, December 6, 2022

All About The Lights

I was talking with my sister Nancy a few days ago...and she quoted my sister LaVonn who said Christmas decorating is all about the lights. We both agreed.  

I have 6 sets of little battery operated rice lights on timers that come on every day at 4:00....and stay on until 10:00.  I love them all.

And this was my view this evening....one string of lights on the bookshelf in the background (which happen to be little stars)....one set in the marble bowl....along with the Christmas tree lights, a burning candle on the pedestal....two small red votives with tea lights....and my battery operated changing rainbow candle from my sister Marilyn.  

Yes!  Tonight is was all about the lights! 


The little battery pack hides under the marbles....and this bowl of my special art marbles start glowing every day at 4:00.

I have a string of lights on Connie's cupboard....highlighting some Santas.

Jane made the tall bearded Santa....and I've always loved my skinny Santas.  They're made from cinnamon sticks, a wooden stick and even a cattail. You can see a closer view is in this post: https://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2018/12/skinny-santas.html


Speaking of light....I took this photo last night....the dusky pink sky was spectacular!


And LaVonn just posted some photos in our sister chat....including this one from the farm in Evansville.....and it's nice to come full circle in this post back to LaVonn!
It IS all about the lights!

4 comments:

  1. Sunrise and sunset are so colorful this time of year. Lily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lily...now I'm thinking about you up there watching sunsets in snowy Alaska! Thanks for following along!

      Delete
    2. And I just notice our time difference it’s still morning here.

      Delete