C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, December 27, 2022

JOY!

I got this delightful little Joy wreath from Tracie a few days ago....it makes me smile from ear to ear.

She used many of my favorites: the whole rainbow spectrum....whimsical little doodle dots...and touches of metallic bling.  

I told her I was going to borrow her technique.  

And this lovely homemade JOY card came from Becky a few weeks ago.  Becky and I have been friends forever....and Tracie and Becky have been friends for a really long time.  I met Tracie through Becky.....and now she and I have been friends for a pretty long time.  And I love that these long-time friends send me JOY!

I think I'm hooked on these fused fabric trees.  Melodee, a friend from Lexington, commissioned me to make one for her....and she just picked it up today. I used the same technique I wrote about for Patty's scrappy tree...except this time I edged the foam core in fabric rather than tissue. There are several other color variations in my head I want to try....I think they look like JOY! 

It's hard to see the gold accents with a straight on shot....but there's no shortage of color and bling.  JOY!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment