C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Lights

My Christmas season started with greens.....and today it's about lights.  I put our tree up a few days ago.  It's an older artificial tree....we've had it for many many years.  But other than more than 1/2 of the lights not working it still is serving us well and looks OK once it's decorated. So every year I add lights to fill in the gaps and spend a few days fluffing the wire branches before I can decorate it.....and that's how I spent some of my day.

I'll let it sit a few days....then on December 2nd....which is still officially "tree day" in the Shupe household....I'll start decorating it.  Until then.....I'll just enjoy the lights....and celebrate all things Merry and Bright....aka the puzzle on my table.


A few days ago I shared a quote about the tiny little miracles that are disguised as ordinary things....here's a perfect example from Alyson.  Champaign powder....as they call it in Colorado....the kind of snow skiers dream of. 
Tiny little miracles indeed!



No comments:

Post a Comment