C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Cross Country Tour

I love Lynn Giunta's colorful words and quotes....and this one just about covers it all....and just what I needed today!

https://www.instagram.com/lynn_giunta/

I had a little nervous energy today...election jitters...and the last details getting ready for my trip. 

And you know how I love a good digital map illustration....so put a little of of that energy into a quick little project.

On November 2nd, I put Tracie's friendly face in the mail....and it was expected to arrive last Friday.  But with the help of USPS tracking....I was able to follow along as she took a cross country detour tour. She finally ended up in Madison today.....and Tracie and I likened it to the travels of Flat Stanley!  Do you all know about Flat Stanley?

Tracie's grandson holding the traveler.

I was pretty excited to get this photo from Philippa today. It's an arrangement she did on her table for November....and sprinkled here and there are some of the felted acorns I made for her. There are 4 little sets.....can you find them?


You can read about the acorns here in this short post while I was visiting Philippa in England: https://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2019/03/story-of-my-day-9.html


And finally....I'm excited to report that my Christmas cactus is full of buds and blooms.....and I'm certain it will be still blooming when I return.  

My goal is to post a little bit every day while I'm in Colorado....sharing some little nugget of joy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment